* A young university with an internationally competitive research environment.
* 3 schools: the School of Humanities and Informatics, the School of Technology and Society and the School of Life Sciences
* 11 000 students, 50 degree courses and 700 single subject courses.
* International masters programmes taught in English.
* Ranked as the top one university in Sweden and the second best in Europe regarding learning overall (ISB benchmark).
* Rated number one in performance feedback, IT-support and living cost (ISB benchmark).
* Volvo preferred academic partner.
* The first university in Sweden that has become a preferred Knowledge Environment by the Swedish Knowledge Foundation.
* Shares premises with Gothia Science Park business incubator and talent factory.
* Our masters students were awarded "Best Serious Game at Swedish Game Awards 2011.
* Together with the city of Skövde the University was the European champion of entrepreneurship, awarded in the European Enterprise Awards 2009.
* Close cooperation with the labor market and the industry to create employable students.
* Good relations between students, teachers and other staff.
* Centrally located in the city of Skövde, surrounded by beautiful nature and the biggest lakes in Sweden.
* Close to everything - only 2 h train ride to Stockholm and 1 h to Gothenburg.
With a good background you can have a brilliant future. The University of Skövde can give you both. The University of Skövde offers first-class programs and competitive research which attract research scientists and students from all over the world.
The University of Skövde has about 11 000 students (about 4 400 full year students) and offers almost 700 single subject courses and some 50 degree courses. We have around 10 international masters programmes and nearly 100 single courses given in English. We offer Swedish for foreign students and an introduction course to swedish society and culture. The University of Skövde has three Schools: The School of Humanities and Informatics, the School of Technology and Society and the School of Life Sciences.
The University has a beautiful campus that includes a large parkland area forming a natural meeting point for students, staff and visitors. Here you can find the restaurant, library, student union office and the student health service. The newest building, Portalen, is a centre of research and innovation where researchers and the business community can meet in a very special environment. Here you can find Gothia Science Park (GSP), a business incubator that helps students realise their ideas and start new companies. From the university, the city centre and many of the student accommodations are within walking distance.
As a new student at the University of Skövde you can take part in our orientation programme to get familiar with the Swedish academic system, our university and the city of Skövde. The University arranges this introduction in collaboration with the Student Union. The main assignments of the Student Union are to control the quality of the education, to arrange social activities for its members and to help students find accommodation in Skövde. We also have an International Committee (IC), run by a board of elected students. The IC is a part of the Student Union and a member of the European Student Network (ESN), and they also arrange activities for the international students. Furthermore we have several other student sections such as the sports club, the student magazine, the student pub, etc.
Do you work here? Please register in order to update this page.
Many organisations offer scholarships or grants. Some of these might help you to study for a Master's degree at University of Skövde!